This is a gentle reminder of tonight’s meeting. The issues related to
the two presentations will be the subjects of consideration and a vote of
ANC 5C in the near future. If possible, please come out and find out what is
being proposed, first-hand.
Hope to see you there!
Involving Land Use, Planning and Economic Development Issues
Agenda for the Evening Includes:
(1) A Presentation by Developer Joe Mamo re. A Proposal to Construct
Floors of Condominiums, with Commercial Property on the First Floor, on
Vacant Lot Located at the Northwest Corner of North Capitol Street and
Florida Avenue, N.W.
(2) A Presentation by Attorney Norman Glasgow re. A Proposal before
Zoning Commission to Remove a Parking Covenant from No. 60 Florida
At the conclusion of these presentations, Land Use, Planning and
Development Committee business will be taken up. Among the topics to
considered, time permitting, are:
Land Use, Planning and Economic Development Committee Structure,
Distribution of Tasks, Areas of Interest —
* Small Area Planning Visioning Session
* New York Avenue Corridor Study
* Discussion of reStoreDC/Main Streets and BACA’s role in it:
* Briefing on Economic Restructuring Seminar
* What is the “Main Street Four Point Approach” to Neighborhood Business District Revitalization?
* Economic Restructuring
* Enhanced Business Information Center (e-BIC) Classes
* Car Detailing Shop proposed for the 1500th Block of New Jersey Avenue, NW
* Review of Proposed RFPs (Requests for Proposals) made on
* Armstrong School New Charter School Progress Update
* Developer Brian Brown and the Anna J. Cooper House
* The Ramifications of Numerous Photo Enforcement Traffic
Cameras in the Area
Monday, August 8, 2005
Mount Sinai Baptist Church
3rd and Q Streets, N.W.
Rooms 1 and 2
7:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m.