Editor’s note: Sometimes I get stuff from the DC GOP and delete without reading. Sometimes I give them a quick glance, then delete them, and on the odd occasion, I post them. This is that odd occasion.
May 16, 2008
For Immediate Release
Hearings for 2008 DC Republican Party Platform
Hearings Open for Public Input
Washington, DC: The District of Columbia Republican Committee is in the process of drafting our 2008 DC Republican Party Platform. Scheduled hearings for the public to testify will be held on Monday and Tuesday, May 19th and May 20th. The hearings will take place at the DC Republican Committee office located at 1275 K Street, NW Suite 102 from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm. The 2008 DC Republican Committee Platform will be submitted to the Republican National Committee Platform Committee in late August. Local media are invited to attend the hearings.
Confirmed guests who will provide testimony include:
* Outreach Director of DCVote,
* Advocacy Manager to the National Education Association,
* Spokesperson from the Mexican American Chamber of Commerce,
* Newly elected President of the Queens Chapel Civic Association,
* Minority Outreach Director to the National Young Republicans,
* Chairman from the DC Federation of College Republicans,
* Spokesman from a DC LSDBE Business (Local, Small & Disadvantaged Business Enterprise with the full 12 Points),
* Written testimony from the Executive Director of DC Parents for School Choice and the Senior Vice President of the DC Chamber of Commerce.
Invited guests include:
* President of the DC Log Cabin Republicans,
* Various ANC Commissioners,
* And the DC Economic & Empowerment Coalition.
In addition, the DC Republican Committee will meet with Ed Lazere, Executive Director with DC Fiscal Policy Insitute and Walter Smith, Executive Director with DC Appleseed.
# # #