SHAW ECO VILLAGE NEEDS SPACE
Shaw EcoVillage (SEV), a 501©3 non-profit, operating in the Shaw
neighborhood, is looking for space and we need your help!
Shaw EcoVillage trains youth to be catalysts for sustainable change in
Washington, DC’s urban neighborhoods. We do this through two programs,
EcoDesign Corps and Chain Reaction. EcoDesign Corps empowers youth by
engaging them in hands-on community based projects and providing them with
the design and organizing skills necessary to create sustainable economic,
environmental, and social change in DC. Chain Reaction educates youth about
the role of the bicycle in sustainable communities, equips youth with job
skills, and provides residents of Washington, DC, with safe, affordable, and
If you know of any space available, within the boundaries of Shaw, meeting
the following specifications, please contact Noel Petrie at 202.265.2019, or
1. Rent: SEV cannot afford more than $2,200 a month for any new property.
Our current rent is $1460 per month.
2. Retail Space: The new location must have at least 1500 square feet of
1st floor retail and storage space.
3. Program and Education Space: A new location must have adequate space for
onsite Chain Reaction Programs and School Year EDC Programming. This means
400 square feet for Chain Reaction classroom space and 400 square feet of
EDC classroom space. Totaling 800 square feet.
4. Office Space: 600 square feet of office space is needed.
5. Outdoor Space: 400 square feet of parking / outdoor work space is needed
6. Utilities to Code: All utilities must be to code and able to handle the
demands of the retail and office equipment.
If you have any questions, would like more information, or would like to
contribute to our efforts, please do not hesitate to call.
Thanks for your time, attention, and support!
Outreach and Development Coordinator
1701 6th St., NW
Washington, DC 20001