I have heard the saying, "beer is proof that G-d loves us and wants us to be happy." Well I don't like beer, I like wine and we came in late to the BACA meeting, but just in time to hear of a proposed wine bar to come to 3rd and Florida. There is love in the universe for our little neighborhood. It is the idea of two gals, who are thinking along the lines of an affordable, small wine bar. They are looking for community support and the usual pre-get the liquor license stuff. She kept mentioning the Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/SnitchEye-Wine-Bar/220903951316897
) . So if everything works perfectly there could be a new wine bar by the end of Spring, or sometime in Summer 2012. So get the concerns and questions out now and don't wait till later to bring them up.
Other stuff at the BACA meeting-
*The new SMD ANC boundaries are crazy.
* CAPCS wants a bigger curb cut.
* CAPCS is in trouble due to low enrollment and test scores and if such trends continue may have to close as a school.
* CAPCS is renting its building out to a church that should have moved into PG county by now.
* The large brick building at 3rd and Florida (even side) may become a restaurant one day, maybe.
*CAPCS owns the Armstrong school building.
* A lotta people may run for Ward 5. They are gonna need signatures to get on the ballot.
* SMD 5C01 Commissioner Bradley Thomas will not run for Ward 5, he says his last name is wrong.